I just wanted to share the fruits of my weekend labor. I baked “Vanilla Bread” – which turns out to be basically a bunt cake. But it is delicious. And it was less than 10 ingredients to make. Here is a picture of the bread topped with a few fresh blackberries. Here is the recipe – enjoy!
- 1 & 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 & 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
2) Add flour and baking powder, and stir until well combined.
3) Transfer batter into loaf pan and spread evenly (batter will be thick).
4) Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the bread. Cool for ten minutes, and transfer bread from pan to a wire cooling rack.
5) The bread is yummy alone, but this simple syrup glaze adds moisture and even more vanilla flavor to the bread. So…
In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Bring just to a simmer and take off the heat. Brush the syrup over the top of the bread, once or twice (not too much), while the bread is cooling.
When the bread is completely cooled, wrap well and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!