I get asked this question all of the time and I never answer it. It’s a pretty broad question. I’ve been to lots of cool places, but I can’t label one as “the best” place I’ve ever been. That’s like choosing the best steak you’ve ever had, or the best beer. It’s all subjective. My enjoyment of a place depends on a lot of factors like the weather, my mood, my company, and maybe even the length of stay. I can’t choose a favorite.
The next question is inevitably, “Where do you want to go that you’ve never been before?”
- Machu Picchu, Peru – Yes please.
- Alaska – I don’t just want to see the Northern Lights, I want to disappear into the wilderness. Alaska!
- Italy – I don’t want to pick one place, I just want to spend a few months there traveling and eating.
- Washington D.C – I feel like I need to see DC. I’ve spent more of my time traveling abroad than in my home country.
- Norway – I basically want to live anywhere Julia Child has lived.
- Cambodia & Vietnam – I like monkeys and I like street food.
- Canada & Canada’s National Parks – I want to take a train through Canada and end at Niagara Falls.
- Charelston, SC – I’ve often thought about moving to South Carolina, but the heat…
- Seattle & Portland – Beautiful scenery, great food, coffee, microbrews
- Bermuda – Just give me a hammock…